The 2017 WalkAbout Boise Season will start April 8th and run until October 28th - Reservations Starting Soon!
(Read more about WalkAbout Idaho Falls at the bottom of the page)
Join us for WalkAbout Boise — an approximately 1.5-hour guided walking tour through 150 years of history and architecture. Let us introduce you to the built environment that makes downtown Boise like no other place. This tour is great for visitors and for Idaho residents who want to learn more about how Boise's vibrant downtown developed and the people who made it happen.
Every Saturday at 11am starting on Grove Street Downtown
$12 per person/$10 for Preservation Idaho members- (transaction fees apply)
Tickets On Sale Soon!
Get starting location and additional details when you register or call (208) 424-5111.
Walking Tour highlights include:
- Downtown's evolution from gold rush boomtown, through urban renewal decline, and 21st century revitalization.
- The oldest and newest buildings downtown, spanning 150 years of construction
- Buildings associated with Boise’s historic Basque, German, Jewish, and Chinese communities
- The Idaho State Capitol and Boise City Hall
- Buildings designed by early pioneers and nationally known master architects
- The Egyptian Theater
No minimum attendance required. Max group size 25, but larger groups can be accommodated with advance notice.
Starting May of 2017, we will also offer a one-hour WalkAbout Idaho Falls tour two Saturdays each month. This new tour offers a great walking architecture and history tour of historic downtown Idaho Falls. Tickets $8 members/$10 non-members. Watch for further details!
Photo by Ken Levy www.photoartgallery1.com