South Harrison Boulevard
Sunday, October 5, 2014
About the Tour
A self-guided walking tour featuring 7 homes in the South Harrison Boulevard neighborhood. Each participant received a booklet with neighborhood and individual home histories. Participants were allowed to enter the homes on the tour.
Early Bird Online Registration
Ends Sep 20, 2014
Sep 21 - Oct 4, 2014
Day of Tour
Oct 5, 2014
(buy tickets at
|Payment Type||Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover||Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover||
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the member discount code. Code not valid during Early Bird registration.
Day of the Tour
- All participants must check-in at the registration table in McAuley Park (map).
- We do not mail tickets. All people who pre-paid by registering online must check-in at the registration table. Simply give the volunteer the name of the person who bought the tickets.
- McAuley Park is located at the three-way intersection of Harrison Blvd, Resseguie St., and 17th Street.
- You will receive a brochure with a neighborhood history, home descriptions, and a map.
- The brochure serves as your ticket for entry into each home.
- The entire tour is walkable for a person of average fitness.
- It takes approximately 3 hours to complete the tour.
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Tour will be held rain or shine.
- Wear weather-appropriate clothing.
- Children ages 10 and under can participate for free.
- Children older than 10 will pay full ticket price.
With mounting pressure from development and a continuously growing and changing population in the state, it is more necessary than ever to preserve historic and cultural resources, to promote the smart re-use of historic facilities and to educate the community at large of the value of Idaho heritage.
The annual Heritage Homes Tour features select homes in various historic residential areas of Boise. The purpose of this tour is to promote public awareness of Boise’s rich heritage of buildings, neighborhoods, and landscapes.
Previous neighborhoods showcased during the tour include:
- Warm Springs Boulevard
- Harrison Boulevard
- Hays Street District
- Crescent Rim
- 17th & 18th Streets in Boise's North End
- East End Historic District
Historic places represent a snapshot in time, a reminder of the path we have taken and the base upon which our future is built. It is a terrible loss to our cultural heritage when they are taken away. The homes that are showcased in the Heritage Homes Tour are, in a sense, public places that each of us can enjoy and appreciate.
Preservation Idaho is thankful to the homeowners who volunteer to share these beautiful historic homes with you.
Care to Share Your Home?
Preservation Idaho is actively soliciting homes to feature at this annual event. We're looking for historic homes in established historic neighborhoods which can be showcased in future Heritage Homes Tours. Call or e-mail us if you would like us to consider your home.
For more information about the Heritage Homes Tour, please contact us at email@example.com.