These cards feature historic photos of Boise's oldest schools. All cards come with envelopes, a blank interior and the brief history written on the back.
This school was designed by the prominent local architectural firm of Wayland and Fennel. It was constructed in 1905-1906.
This school opened in September 1913. This image shows the school with a 1926 addition to the north end of the school; a larger addition was constructed in 1948 on the south end of the school.
The original Washington Elementary School opened in 1900 and was destroyed by fire in 1917. This image shows the current Washington School as constructed in 1911, prior to the 1947 addition.
North Junior High
This school was a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project designed by Frank Hummel. When it opened in 1936, it was the city's first and only Junior High School.
Boise High School was designed by the renowned Idaho firm of Tourtelotte and Hummel. This image is the architects' rendering of the school upon completion. The east wing was constructed in 1908-1909, the west wing in 1912 and in 1920, the central portion finished the building.
Please contact Preservation Idaho at email@example.com or call (208) 424-5111 if you are interested in purchasing a pack of cards.