On Tuesday, September 7th, 2010, Preservation Idaho co-sponsored a free workshop entitled, Energy Efficiency and the Truth About Historic Wood Windows.
The presentation was covered the anatomy of a wood window and their merits, including: their signficance, character-defining features, potential energy efficiency, and a discussion as to why they should be preserved. Experienced professionals also demonstrated a few basic strategies for repair.
Workshop was sponsored by:
- Pacific Northwest Field School
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Boise City Historic Preservation Commission
- Boise City Arts and History Department
- Preservation Idaho
- Idaho State Historical Society
- Idaho State Historic Preservation Office